Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Grab the Kleenex

Someone brought this blog to my attention, and I mistakenly read this entry first thing this morning, right before the morning rush to get 2 kids out the door and Joey to preschool by 9am.

I have never written about Joey's birth, not even in a journal for myself. The pages in his baby book remain blank, I look at them every so often and say to myself that I'll get around to it.

It's been 4 years.

I can't bring myself to do it. The entire experience, including his birth, me leaving the hospital without him and the 26 days he spent there on his own are just too painful for me to recall in any great detail, though I know I should sit down and write it out before all of the details are gone forever. I'm sure I've already lost a lot by waiting this long.

Then I read this blog. This Mom wrote about the birth of her daughter 7 days later. Her daughter that was born with Down Syndrome, which they were not aware of beforehand. The fact that she threw in some AMAZING photography of the day really had an effect on me.

Anyway, here it is. I warn you, you WILL shed a tear, so get the kleenex.

http://www.kellehampton.com/2010/01/nella-cordelia-birth-story.html



2 comments:

Sakira said...

Your article is incredibly useful.Everyday your diary inspire Pine Tree State heaps deal and helped to develop one thing new like I actually have developed a brand new app what not to do after rhinoplasty this is often great and pleasant.Thanks for the awe-inspiring posts , please keep updated frequently.

Sakira said...

Your article is incredibly useful.Everyday your diary inspire Pine Tree State heaps deal and helped to develop one thing new like I actually have developed a brand new app how long does non surgical rhinoplasty last this is often great and pleasant.Thanks for the awe-inspiring posts , please keep updated frequently.