Monday, January 12, 2009

Joey's Cousin is Here!

Baby Ty made his entrance to the world 10 days late on January 10, weighing 7 lbs 3 oz!!! Jodi had a rough labour which ended up in a c-section, but Ty is absolutely perfect and Jodi is recovering amazingly well. We are so excited to welcome him to the family! Jason and I are officially a Zia and Zio (aunt and uncle in Italian). We went and visited last night and met him for the first time, he is incredibly adorable and very laid back. Here are some pictures of the new little guy:





The lighting in the hospital room wasn't the greatest to work with, so he looks a bit more red and his hair looks much darker than it is in person. I ended up changing most of the pictures to black and white to minimize the redness so you could see how truly adorable he really is!

Unfortunately Joey hasn't met Ty yet, and probably won't for a few days. He's not feeling the greatest, and with Papa Roy having pneumonia and Gramma Phyllis coughing a lot too I'm worried he may have something contagious so he'll have to wait until he's better to meet his new cousin. I have a doctor's appointment for myself today, and while I generally don't run to the doctor's office for every sickness Joey gets (and he's had A LOT of colds since starting nursery school) this one is accompanied by a fever that spikes pretty high at times, so I think I'll get him checked out just in case if he wakes up again this morning with a fever.

Welcome to the world Baby Ty!

- P, J & J

No comments: