Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Ladder

I wanted to post some pictures of the ladder Patricia's husband built for Joey. Here is the "real" one that he uses at physio, which costs $450 USD:



And here is the one that Patricia's husband made. And note the little bells hanging on the rung near the top, Patricia made those for Joey as a Christmas gift:





The homemade one is SO much more sturdy, it is just so perfect. As our contribution we will sand it a bit more and stain/seal it in the spring, so that it can be added to the supply of equipment that is loaned out to other families once Joey is done with it. Every time I look at it I am just so amazed, and reminded of the wonderful people we have been meeting along the way. We are seeing Patricia today for our last physio session before Christmas, and I have a card and gift certificate for her husband as a thank you.

Tonight Joey is having another sleepover at Gramma and Papa's house, and Jason and I are off to our gold seats at tonight's Leafs game in Toronto, followed by a night at the Royal York hotel. Yay! We're very much looking forward to it, and then tomorrow the Christmas craziness begins!

No response from our geneticist as of yet regarding the myotonic dystrophy test. I emailed her over a week ago and she didn't respond, which is very unusual for her so I can only assume she is on holidays. I'm going to give it one last try and call her office this morning and see if I can find anything out, if not I suppose my goal of having the results before Christmas won't be realized.

- P, J & J

No comments: