Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Cheers to 2009!

Well, my one Chirstmas wish came true today...I received a call from our geneticist with Joey's results for the Congenital Myotonic Dystrophy test....NEGATIVE!!!!! Phewf, I feel like a giant elephant is no longer sitting on my chest!

This puts us right back to where we were before, with no answers, but there is one difference....our quest to "label" Joey definitively is going to be taking a major back seat at this time. We certainly can't rule out future tests, but at this time we are no longer actively seeking a diagnosis.

It is entirely possible that there is an as-yet unnamed, undiscovered genetic condition that Joey has. It could be discovered 10 years from now, we don't know. But for now we will carry on treating Joey symptomatically and developmentally, and hopefully one day we can give him a sibling. At least the option is no longer off the table :)

We wish you a happy and healthy New Year, I know we are very much looking forward to ripping 2008 off our calendars and starting fresh in 2009!

- P, J & J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEA!!!! I'm SO happy for you guys! Now, ring in the new year with some babymakin'! ;)