Sunday, September 28, 2008

Mustang Joey

Joey has a new walker, the old one we called "The Green Monster" was just too heavy and cumbersome, it was too hard for him to actually move it. So now we have the Pony, which I prefer to call the Mustang, it's just so much more macho (you'll see the little picture of the horse on the bottom of the frame).

He's just starting to get used to it, and can't really figure it out yet so he basically just stands there, which is okay for now until he gets the concept. Weight-bearing on his legs is really important right now. I know he'll get it eventually...I remember when we first put him in his Jolly Jumper he'd just hang there, it was so sad! But once he figured out he could get his legs to move him around he was a wild man, so much so that we eventually had to take it away because his crazy jumping just wasn't safe anymore.

So here are some pictures and a short video clip of Joey and his Mustang, with a special guest star appearance of Vita Marie, our much loved therapy cat (she's not really a therapy cat, it just seems like she is) who loves Joey to bits.










- P, J & J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My gosh Pamela. I can't imagine your stress right now. Hope you remember me, I'm Ethan's mommy(from the nest). I don't often get to email but I do take time to read Joey's blog once a week or so. We think of you and your family often. Ethan was just diagnosed with hypotonic CP and mental retardation. We also went through yet another shunt surgery two weeks ago. Joey's smile often keeps me going when things are rough around here. You're doing a wonderful job with him! I hope you find your answers soon that you can start living the life you hope to have. My thoughts are with you. Take care of that sweet, sweet boy!